Saturday, February 6, 2010

Kimchi

As my latest blog postings have revealed, I've been spending some time in the kitchen lately. I have enjoyed this time immensely; playing around and trying new recipes and techniques, and doing a bit of food photography along the way! Today's post is no exception...

Here's a glamour shot of my latest kitchen adventure, kimchi. I had never made this before, and after doing so for the first time, I wondered why. More importantly, I wondered why I ever paid so much for a jar of the stuff at my local Asian market?! It is easy to make, and yields a good amount of Kimchi for your eating pleasure. This kimchi turned out great, and is on par with what many restaurants in the area serve - very authentic!

Rather than posting the recipe that I used, I recommend you check out Maangchi's Easy Kimchi. This is the recipe I followed and, as a bonus, there is handy video to show you exactly what to do. While you're there, you can peruse through her many other great recipes and cooking demonstrations. The site is filled with a lot of informative how-to's to get you started with the basics of cooking Korean food!

0 comments: