Monday, March 8, 2010

Granola Bars


In a continuing effort to enrich food enjoyment experiences, I have started to make more of the foods I eat. This past weekend I made homemade granola and granola bars. My idea to start making my own cereal and snack bars came to me along with the idea to make homemade yogurt. The thought of eating another bland, boring individually wrapped, stay fresh until sometime next year product was something that I could no longer endure.

So, I set out to make a change, and I am so glad I did! Aside from being much more economical, making your own food products such as yogurt and granola allows you to be in control of what goes on your plate. You can decide the sweetness level, flavor, texture, size, color, ingredients (or lack thereof), etc. And the fact that it is your creation, born out of your own efforts, makes is so much more enjoyable!

There are many recipes out there for granola and granola bars, and many ways to customize once you find a base recipe you like. I used this recipe for my first run and it turned out great. I thoroughly enjoyed my mid-afternoon snack today!


0 comments: